Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ha ha...you've been usurped!

This mayor of taco bell is now also the mayor of Anytime Fitness.

Boo friggin Yah, people!

In the last blog-stallment, I mentioned I had obtained a free pass to the gym to try it out. Well I did just that, and ended up joining. I was there 4 days last week, and as of this morning 4 days this week. Along with cutting calories, I am proud to report I am down 5.4lbs in a week.
I guess I shouldn't have worn my lead underwear when I first weighed in.

In all seriousness, I am thrilled to have the scale report such a change in just a week. I certainly wasn't expecting any change at all, let alone 5lbs! So I will keep on keepin' on and let any loss be a win!

I get two free personal training sessions with my membership, and I had my first last week. I will likely get together with her again in the next couple of weeks to really talk about whats happened, whats working/not working, and how to best keep things moving in the downward direction.

In addition, dare I say, I am actually looking forward to going out for my next walk/jog/run. After hitting the treadmill for 30min/day 4days/week, I can only hope that my endurance has increased!

Stay tuned for a short list of goals/rewards I am working on for this process. To be honest, I don't really have a goal weight or size, I just want to be happy and healthy. (Insert cliche here)
But, of course, I have numbers in mind ;-)

I'm thinking at 10lbs lost- mani/pedi. Who's with me?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! Weight goals are good, but maybe set a different goal like running a mile at a certain speed and work for that as well. That way you're rewarding yourself for weight loss but also a fitness accomplishment as well. You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete