Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I...thought...it was spring?!

Well the nice weather motivated me to get back out there last week, and now it's cold again!

I walked the dog in flurries this morning. I am not OK with this-nobody asked me, dang-it!

Well since my last post, despite the chilly weather, I've been back out a few times. I procured some new running shoes last week. I went to the Blue Mile and had a video gait analysis. I know, it sounds so fancy-but really you just walk on a treadmill and they record your feet. It showed that my feet turn in once I have all my weight on them, so I got shoes to help support in all the right places...I guess!

They are comfy though, and breaking in nicely. (I wasn't so sure after the first wearing, but they are better now)

It was really sunny after work on Monday, and all I wanted to do was go out for a jog. But I had IMB rehearsal, so that didn't happen. (It was a good rehearsal though, so that's ok)
So instead, I went after work on Tuesday, since my trumpet student was sick this week. I decided to drive to BR and hop the Monon Trail. I'm glad I did, I really liked it! Nothing like a nice trail and a friendly atmosphere to keep you motivated. I mean, seriously- there was a lot of traffic on that trail! Runners, walkers, bikers, dog walkers- it was nice! I'm discovering that there is a real sense of community among runners. I think I was hesitant to start since I am as overweight as I am, and I assumed that all the fit runners would be the kids from my elementary school days and tell me I'm too fat to join their club. It is quite the opposite, however! I mean s you run by, people say hello, and there is just this sense of...well community! "Hi, we're both running for fun and might be messed up in the head"

I, of course, being the fat fifth grader can't muster the breath to say hi back, so I simply give the knowing nod of acknowledgment. It's the least I could do. :)

Well I must get ready- I printed out a free 7-day pass to a gym for the week. Going over for the first time today to check things out. If I can afford it...thats another question!

Until we blog again-

No comments:

Post a Comment