Thursday, April 14, 2011

Choices

Greetings bloggians.

Good week this week.

Saturday was my nephew's 4th birthday party. It was fun, and yes, I had a piece of bday cake with a smidge of ice cream. It was a very tasty treat. I had been very good that week, so I thought I deserved a piece of his bday cake!

Then the choices went down hill from there. I went to dinner with mom and dad, and loaded up on the calories. Had half of my huge burger, and of course most of the fries. Also munched the appetizer, BUT I did not have a roll. (and yes, we were at O'Charleys) so if you know me...you know that was tough! I had worked out that morning, so I was only barely over my calories for the day. (Good thing I chose to workout!)

Had a great outing on Sunday to the Monon with my friend Rachel and my dog Sasha. We walked for about an hour and felt great!

Then we decided to have pizza. Not the greatest choice, but it was just that- a choice.

I've also been to the gym every day this week so far.
Thursday is my usual weigh-in, and with that I report...

1lb gained. I know- bummer, right? BUT considering all the crud I ate this weekend, it was to be expected. I'm glad it was only 1lb though-that's for sure.

I guess it just gets me to thinking about choices. (Noticing a theme here?) I chose to get back into running. I chose to join the gym. I chose to start watching calories. So in the grand scheme-those are all good choices. Its the small day-to-day choices that will get you. But I stand behind them, 100%. I am fully aware of what I am putting into my body, and I live with the consequences of said choices. Those tasty, caloric, buttery choices. Mmmm....choices.

Sorry.


Thats all for now, bloggers. I pledge to make better choices this week in hopes to have lost that pesky pound, and a couple of his friends too.

PS-  Mad props to C&C Music Factory for getting me through the end of my workout.  They certainly encouraged me to sweat.
Also, I was a squirrell just tryin' to get a nut.

1 comment:

  1. All your working out craziness inspired me to hop on the elliptical last week.
    Hopefully that will happen again this week!

    ReplyDelete